Family Health Plus offers health insurance coverage to lower-income adults whose income disqualifies them for other public programs such as Medicaid, and who do not have health insurance through their employers. Family Health Plus helps assure that adult family members and their children can receive quality health care.
Eligibility for Enrollment
You may be eligible for Family Health Plus health care benefits if:
- you are an adult between the ages of 19 and 64
- you do not have health coverage
- you are not eligble for Medicaid, or you are eligible only because of high medical costs (unlike Medicaid, there are no asset or resource tests)
- your total household income and resources are within the limits.
Family Health Plus Eligibility
Effective January 2006 and subject to revision.
||Maximum Gross Annual Income
|Single or Married Adult (not living with children under age 21)
||Parent(s) (living with at least one child under age 21)
|For each extra
Summary of Benefits
Family Health Plus offers a comprehensive package of benefits. Services are provided by a managed care plan and include:
- physician services
- inpatient and outpatient health care
- prescription drugs
- lab tests and x-rays
- vision, speech, and hearing services
- durable medical equipment
- emergency room and emergency ambulance services
- drug, alcohol, and mental health treatment
- diabetic supplies and equipment
- radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and hemodialysis
- dental services (if offered by the plan)
There is no cost for you to apply for or participate in Family Health Plus. There are no application fees, premiums, or deductibles once you are enrolled.
Contact your local Social Services district office about Family Health Plus and an enrollment facilitator will answer questions and assist you with the enrollment process. More information is also available on the New York State Department of Health's Web site at www.health.state.ny.us.