About NYSID >
Agency Descriptions |
Data Sources |
New York State Insurance Department (NYSID)
The NYSID is responsible for supervising and regulating insurance business in New York State - www.ins.state.ny.us. The Insurance Departmentís mission is to:
- Ensure the continued sound and prudent conduct of insurersí financial operations;
- Provide fair, timely and equitable fulfillment of insurer obligations;
- Protect policyholders from financially impaired or insolvent insurers;
- Eliminate fraud, other criminal abuse and unethical conduct in the industry; and
- Foster growth of the insurance industry in the State.
New York State Department of Health (DOH)
The New York State DOH works to protect and promote the health of New Yorkers through prevention, science and the assurance of quality health care delivery - www.health.state.ny.us.
- Mission Working together and committed to excellence, we protect and promote the health of New Yorkers through prevention, science and the assurance of quality health care delivery.
- Vision A community of professionals who, through a commitment to education, innovation, leadership in crises, customer respect and research solutions for health problems, make New Yorkers the healthiest people in the nation.
- Values Dedication to the public good, Innovation, Excellence, Integrity, Teamwork, Efficiency
Copyright © 2006 New York State Insurance Department