Using This Guide >
How Do HMOs Work? |
How To Choose An HMO |
Terms You Should Know |
Data Sources |
Types of Complaints |
Crosswalk of Health Insurer Names |
Worksheet to choose an HMO
Performance information found in this Guide is from two primary sources:
- New York State Insurance Department (NYSID):
- provides information on Complaints, Appeals, Independent External Reviews, and Grievances.
- collects data as part of its regulatory responsibilities.
- data are from calendar year 2006.
- New York State Department of Health (DOH):
- provides information on Access to Care and Service, Staying Healthy and Living with Illness and Quality of Providers.
- collects the data through the New York State Department of Health's Quality Assurance Reporting Requirements (QARR) and the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®).
- data are from calendar year 2005, except where noted.
Copyright © 2006 New York State Insurance Department